- 1 kg chinese cabbage/napa (approx. 2 small ones)
- 250 g carrots, coarsely grated
- 300 g mooli/daikon radish, diced
- 1 bunch of spring onions, sliced
- 50 g salt
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp korean chilli flakes
Remove the bottom of the cabbage, cut into quarters and then into 2 cm long strips.
Sprinkle with 50 g salt and cover carefully with cold water, then mix/massage to make a brine and leave for 2 hours or overnight.
Drain and rinse the cabbage.
For the paste, mix everything together and stir until smooth. Mix the cabbage with the remaining kimchi ingredients and pour into a 1.5–2 L Kilner jar.
Press the vegetables down so that everything is covered with the brine. Place the fermentation weight on top and close the jar.
Store at room temperature for 5 days without direct sunlight and then refrigerate.